Last updated: November, 10th 2023
Personal Information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
How do we use Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
This information may also be used for marketing purposes if consent is provided i.e e-mail retargeting and newsletters.
Sharing your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
1. Disclosure of your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, your personal data may be transferred. We will provide notice before your personal data is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy notice.
In certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your personal data if required by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (for example, a court or a government agency).
The Company may disclose your personal data in good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability.
2. Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
3. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Supply of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- Public interest : Processing personal data is related to a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
In all cases, the Company will be pleased to help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement, or a necessary requirement to conclude a contract.
3.1. Your rights
The Company is committed to respecting the confidentiality of your personal data and to ensuring that you can exercise your rights.
Under this privacy notice, and under the law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update, or delete the information we have about you. Whenever possible, you can access, update, or request the deletion of your personal data directly in the settings section of your account. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. This also allows you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object to the processing of your personal data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the deletion of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide you, or a third party you have chosen, with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to give you access to certain specific features of the Service.
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will do our best to respond to you as soon as possible. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in Quebec, please visit the Quebec Access to Information Commission.
4. Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If you click on a third-party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. We strongly advise you to review the privacy notice of every site you visit. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Notice on this page. We will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on Our Service, prior to the change becoming effective and update the "Last updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice. You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on this page.
If you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that our company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you can contact and visit the Quebec Access to Information Commission.
Commission d'accès à l'information
525, boulevard René-Lévesque Est
Québec (Québec) G1R 5S9
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/signedout?ru=https:%2F%2Faccount.microsoft.com%2Fprivacy%2Fad-settings
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track signal
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
Changes to our policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact the below:
Jack Victor Direct Sales Incorporated
1250 Saint Alexander Street
Montreal, QC H3B 3H6 Canada